I have a good friend whose daughter Brittany, has been diagnosed with OCD, she was diagnosed at the age of sixteen. Her symptoms are repeated unwanted thoughts, counting in threes all the time, repeating actions three times each, She also says that when she steps with one foot, she has to step the same way with the other foot, she has to keep everything neat and even. Her treatments is Cognitive Behavior Therapy, she isn't on any medication because she has also been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and is on a lot of medicines for that.
On page 468, it says that Obsessive-Compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder in which a person becomes obsessed with certain thoughts or feels a compulsion to do certain things. Brittany has repeated unwanted thoughts, which are the obsessions, and the actions she takes to try and control those thoughts are the compulsions, such as counting in threes keeping everything neat and even.. The treatment that she is having is also in the book on page 512, which is a methods designed to help the client identify thoughts that create awkwardness, and once these obstacles are brought to light, the therapist describes new and more adaptive ways of thinking and encourages the client to learn and practice them.
On page 468, it says that Obsessive-Compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder in which a person becomes obsessed with certain thoughts or feels a compulsion to do certain things. Brittany has repeated unwanted thoughts, which are the obsessions, and the actions she takes to try and control those thoughts are the compulsions, such as counting in threes keeping everything neat and even.. The treatment that she is having is also in the book on page 512, which is a methods designed to help the client identify thoughts that create awkwardness, and once these obstacles are brought to light, the therapist describes new and more adaptive ways of thinking and encourages the client to learn and practice them.

4 comments:
I have s friend that suffers from ocd. your project is neat.
I think my husband have ocd. He keep all of his receipts, old checkbooks. I have boxes of receipts and checkbook in my closet.One day I tried to throw some of his checks away and we had a serious argument because of this.He had carbon copy checks dated far back as 1980.Do you think this is OCD?
Sharon,
I can relate to your project. I have never thought about this until I took this class, that maybe I might have (OCD), just some examples of what I do- In my closet I have this thing with hangers, they all have to be the same color, and all of short sleeve, long sleeve, pants and so on have to be together. I do the same thing in my dresser and fridge, everything has to be organized
I think my grandpa is suffering from OCD. Because he always have to say things that are so negative and then he has to check every ten to fifteen minutes to make sure all the doors are double locked. And if he finds out that it's not locked; then he panics that someone tried to break in the house. But you did a great job on your article.
Post a Comment